WooCommerce POS is a simple interface for taking orders at the Point of Sale using your WooCommerce store.
WooCommerce POS provides an alternative to Vend or Shopify POS – no need to sync inventory and no monthly subscription fees.
You can see a demo of the WooCommerce POS plugin in action by going to https://demo.wcpos.com/pos with
- WordPress >= 5.6
- WooCommerce >= 5.3
- PHP >= 7.2
- Go to Plugins screen and select Add New.
- Search for “WooCommerce POS” in the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Install the plugin
- Click Activate Plugin to activate it.
If you have purchased a license for WooCommerce POS Pro please follow the steps below to install and activate the plugin:
- Go to: http://woopos.com.au/my-account/
- Under My Downloads, click the download link and save the plugin to your desktop.
- Then go to your site, login and go to the Add New Plugin page, eg: http://<yourstore.com>/wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=upload
- Upload the plugin zip file from your desktop and activate.
- Next, go to the POS Settings page and enter your License Key and License Email to complete the activation.
To install a WordPress Plugin manually:
- Download the WooCommerce POS plugin to your desktop.
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins screen and find the newly uploaded Plugin in the list.
- Click Activate Plugin to activate it.
Where can I find more information on WooCommerce POS?
There is more information on our website at https://wcpos.com.
- FAQ – https://wcpos.com/faq
- Documentation – https://wcpos.com/docs
- Blog – https://wcpos.com/blog
Contributors & Developers
“WooCommerce POS” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.3.10 – 2023/08/29
- Urgent Fix: pages with slug starting with ‘pos’ redirecting to the POS page
1.3.9 – 2023/08/18
- Fix: limit query length for WC REST API, this was resulting in 0 products being returned for some users
- Fix: pos meta data showing in WP Admin order quick view
- Fix: cashier uuid not unique for multisite installs
1.3.8 – 2023/08/08
- Fix: login modal for desktop application
* Fix: rest_pre_serve_request critical error reported by some users
* Fix: change ‘woocommerce_available_payment_gateways’ filter priority to 99
* Add: setting for servers that don’t allow Authorization header
1.3.4 and 1.3.5 – 2023/07/29
- Urgent Fix: product descriptions being truncated to 100 characters
1.3.3 – 2023/07/28
- Fix: “Nonce value cannot be verified” when dequeue-ing scripts and styles in POS checkout modal
1.3.2 – 2023/07/27
- Urgent Fix for variations not downloading for some users
1.3.1 – 2023/07/27
- Urgent Fix for login modal problems
1.3.0 – 2023/07/27
- Major stability improvements!
- Fix: Login is now via JWT – no more ‘Cookie nonce’ errors
- Fix: Many fixes to local data sync and search should make the POS much more enjoyable to use
- Add: Dequeue WordPress styles and scripts on POS checkout page
- Fix: various fixes to the POS settings in WP Admin
1.2.4 – 2023/07/25
- Fix: empty products effecting some users due to malformed meta_data
1.2.3 – 2023/06/21
- Fix: coupon form on POS payment modal
- Fix: use woocommerce_gallery_thumbnail instead of full sized images for products and variations
1.2.2 – 2023/06/21
- Add: basic support for coupons until a more complete solution is implemented
- Fix: customer select in settings
- Pro: add Analytics for POS vs Online sales
1.2.1 – 2023/06/12
- Fix: Critical error introduced with PHP 7.2 compatibility
1.2.0 – 2023/06/12
- Refactor: data replication to improve performance
- Refactor: product search, search by sku and barcode for products now works
- Note: barcode search for variations is still not working, this will be addressed in a future release
- Bug Fix: ‘Cannot use object of type Closure as array’ in the API.php file
- Bug Fix: Creating orders with decimal quantity
- Bug Fix: Update product with decimal quantity
- Fix: remove private meta data from Order Preview modal
- Fix: turn off PHP version check by composer, note that PHP 7.2+ is still required
1.1.0 – 2023/05/19
- Fix: disable Lite Speed Cache for POS page
- Fix: add id audit for product categories and tags
- Fix: add min/max price to variable meta data
1.0.2 – 2023/05/05
- No change, just messed up the release to WordPress.org.
1.0.1 – 2023/05/05
- Fix: Product and Variations not showing in POS
Description: The WC REST API response can be too large in some cases causing a 502 server error.
- Product and Variation descriptions are not truncated to 100 characters for the POS to reduce response size.
- Yoast SEO is now programmatically disabled for the POS to reduce response size.
- A message is now logged when the WC REST API product or variation response is too large.
1.0.0 – 2023/05/03
- Complete rewrite of the plugin with improved functionality and performance.
- Although extensive testing has been done, there may still be bugs.
- We recommend updating only when you have time to deal with potential issues.
- You can always revert to the old version if necessary, https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-pos/advanced/
- If you need assistance, join our Discord chat at https://wcpos.com/discord for support.