A simple, lightweight, accessibility-ready icon separator block.
- Accessibility ready with ‘separator’ role.
- Simple and easy to use but included full settings even with responsive width and responsive vertical margin.
- An icon library included icons from “Bootstrap Icons”, “Ionicons”, “Dashicons” and new “WordPress Icons”.
Please take a look at these custom block patterns that use this block to see how it can be applied to real-world sites.
If this plugin is useful for you, please do a quick review and rate it on WordPress.org to help us spread the word. I would very much appreciate it.
Please check out my other plugins if you’re interested:
- Content Blocks Builder – A tool to create blocks, patterns or variations easily for your site directly on the Block Editor.
- Block Enhancements – A plugin to add more useful features to blocks like icons, box-shadow, transform, hover style, etc.
- SVG Block – A block to insert inline SVG images easily and safely. It also bundles with more than 3000 icons and some common non-rectangular dividers.
- Meta Field Block – A block to display a meta field or an ACF field as a block. It can also be used in the Query Loop block.
- Counting Number Block – A block to display a number that has the number-counting effect.
- Breadcrumb Block – A simple breadcrumb trail block that supports JSON-LD structured data.
- Better Youtube Embed Block – Embed Youtube videos without slowing down your site.
The plugin is developed using @wordpress/create-block.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Icon Separator A simple horizontal separator with icon.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/icon-separatordirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
What problem does this plugin solve?
It is like the core/separator block but supports an icon.
When should we use this plugin?
To make a simple, beautiful horizontal separator.
Why needs this plugin?
Because you want to make a beautiful horizontal separator.
Who needs this plugin?
Anyone can use this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Icon Separator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Release Date – 02 September 2023
- DEV – Using the default SpacingSizesControl for margin
- DEV – Add Unit and Range control for custom spacing
Release Date – 09 August 2023
- DEV – Update the icon library popup style for WP 6.3
- DEV – Add keywords
- DEV – Refactor code
Release Date – 11 March 2023
- DEV – Update icon library
Release Date – 09 February 2023
- DEV – Add SVGO GUI tool to the SVG help text
- DEV – Update SDK
Release Date – 23 October 2022
- DEV – Refactor SVG controls
- DEV – Replace client caching by loading the icon library from the REST API
Release Date – 18 September 2022
- FIX – Compatibility issue with the Gutenberg plugin
Release Date – 16 September 2022
- FIX – Load all localization text
Release Date – 27 July 2022
- DEV – Support converting from/to core/separator
- DEV – Allow double click to insert icon from the modal
Release Date – 30 Jun 2022
- FIX – Convert inline style to style object
Release Date – 20 Jun 2022
- DEV – Allow uploading icon
Release Date – 12 May 2022
- REFACTOR – Update SDK
Release Date – 30 April 2022
- DEV – Update color format
Release Date – 28 April 2022
- DEV – Add the title to block registration in JS.
Release Date – 21 April 2022
- DEV – Add separator role for accessibility
Release Date – 19 April 2022
- REFACTOR code
Release Date – 16 April 2022
- DEV – Add shortcut keys to the icon library modal, focus on the search box when opening the modal
- DEV – Make it compatible with common themes
Release Date – 14 April 2022