Uses custom post types to manage slider items, shortcode to insert.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
dvs-sliderdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- (Optionally) Create image size for slider: Place
add_image_size('for_slider', 600, 400, true);in your template’s
functions.phpto create an image size for slider. Name it whatever you want. You may also change width and height. Note: To enable post thumbnails, the current theme must include
<?php add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' ); ?>
- From Settings -> Dvs Slider, enter image size name. This image size will be used while fetching slider images.
- Using Dvs Slider Images menu, create slider items. Don’t forget to enter caption, link, order and featured image.
- Use shortcode
[dvs_slider]in your page/post/etc to insert slider.
- Published slider images will be shown in slider in order.
- Does it really need WordPress 3.5 to work?
I don’t know, I haven’t tested it. Probably it’ll work with 3.x versions.
- How can i modify initial slider options etc… ?
js/init.js -> you may change nivoSlider default options
partials/slider.php -> actual slider template
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“DVS Slider” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “DVS Slider” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial commit