This plugin helps make your website load much faster by reducing your image sizes up to 90%, while still keeping the same lossless quality. A significantly faster loading website will improve your SEO rankings and provide a much better experience to your customers.
- Free to use with no file size limit
- Lossless compression – optimize images without losing quality
- Compress single existing individual images
- One-click bulk optimize your whole existing media library
- Automatically optimize new images on upload
- Also optimizes all thumbnail sizes
- One API key can be used on multiple sites
- Fast compression servers located in Europe & USA
- Compatible with WPML and WooCommerce
- Total savings counter (statistics page)
How does it work?
When you begin the optimization process, your images and their thumbnails are automatically sent to CompressWP’s compression servers. Your images are then analyzed and compressed in the servers, while still keeping the same lossless quality. When the images have been successfully compressed, they will be sent back to your website and replaced with the original image, which in result will use less disk space, load much faster and your visitors won’t see a difference.
How to get started?
Download and install the plugin. If necessary, follow the installation guide to set up your licence and configure the plugin.
You can either optimize individual images by clicking the “Optimize” button next to the image (it will automatically optimize the main image including the thumbnails). However, if you wish to automatically optimize all your images at once, you can click on the big green button “Bulk optimize all images” and start the process there.
If you have any questions, problems or would like to provide feedback, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.
Use the following steps to install CompressWP on your WordPress website:
- Download and install the plugin
- Generate a free licence key from our website
- Open the plugin settings page in WordPress (named “CompressWP” in the menu) and enter the licence key
Q: What kind of images can be compressed?
A: Right now our plugin supports compression of JPG and PNG files. These are the most popular file formats used, although we plan on supporting more formats in the future.
Q: Do I need a licence to use this plugin?
A: Yes, you will need to generate a licence key (which is free, of course). You can enter the licence key in WordPress plugin settings page.
Q: Are there any limits to using this plugin?
A: Right now there are no limits to the file size and amount of images compressed. However, we do have a fair-usage policy and might temporarily reject compressions in case of heavy usage for a long period.
Q: Can I optimize all my images at once?
A: Yes! After you have installed the plugin, navigate to “CompressWP” and click on the big green button “Bulk optimize all images” and you can start the automatic process there.
Q: How can I contact you?
A: If you have any questions, problems or would like to provide feedback, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributors & Developers
“CompressWP – optimize and compress JPEG and PNG images” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “CompressWP – optimize and compress JPEG and PNG images” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial version
- Plugin updated to support WordPress 5.6 and minor optimization changes
- Plugin updated to support WordPress 5.7 and minor optimization changes